Spintronics Community Forum

About the Act Two (Challenges 81-90) category

Post anything related to Act Two challenges 81 through 90. Alternate solutions, questions, hints, or error reports are all welcome!

The official hints and solutions for these puzzles can be found here:

Hey Paul,

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying Spintronics, and can’t help but be super impressed with how well everything works! But I do have a question about challenge 89. The booklet describes MVS1 as including a junction and capacitor (for MVS1 voltage monitoring). Including the junction there, the junction attached to C1, and the two in the available parts list, that makes a total of 4 junctions allowed to solve the problem. But when I look at the official solution, it looks like I would need to disassemble the MVS1 junction and capacitor to construct the rest of the circuit (there aren’t enough junctions otherwise). That seemed to disagree with the guidance in earlier challenges, where only blue chains could be modified (and they aren’t blue in this challenge). I suspect we really need 5 total junctions if we want to keep MVS1 with the voltage monitor attached, right? Did I miss something?

Your thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!